There are currently two openings for STAP. Additional details for each can be found below.
Programme Management Officer, within the Secretariat, located in Washington, DC
Summary of Responsibilities are:
- Support the day-to-day functioning of the STAP in assisting with the management, coordination and administrative support to the Panel and being specifically responsible within assigned focal areas of the GEF for the development and delivery of the STAP Programme of work.
- Helping to organize and oversee the interaction between STAP and the GEF Council, GEF Secretariat, GEF Evaluation Office, GEF Agencies, and respective Multilateral Environmental Agreements.
- Appraising the STAP of strategic scientific and technical issues affecting GEF policies, strategies and programmes.
- Assisting in the mobilization of scientific and technical expertise in the GEF through STAP, its working groups and networks of scientific institutions and bodies, so that STAP functions as a conduit between the GEF and the Scientific community at large.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Competencies for this post are: Professionalism, Teamwork, Accountability
For more information, and to apply, please see the Job Opening.
Panel Member for Climate Adaptation
STAP is seeking a new Panel member for climate adaptation, and is currently accepting applications from highly qualifed candidates with:
- outstanding academic and technical credentials;
- a passion for tackling global environmental and sustainable development challenges;
- strong expertise in climate change adaptation, and preferably with crosscutting expertise across the GEF’s focal areas;
- the ability to work in an interdisciplinary, integrated manner across the focal areas; and
- capable of bridging scientific, technological, economic, social, and policy issues.
For more detailed information, and to apply, please see the Job Opening.
Please Click below to launch the UNEP Careers page.
In UNEP, there are many types of opportunities ranging from Director Positions, Professional Positions, General Service Positions, Project Positions, Consultancies, Junior Professional Officers, Volunteers and Internships.
The GEF Careers
Please Click below to launch The GEF Careers page.
NB: Unless stated otherwise, professional and administrative vacancies are announced on the World Bank Job Portal.
UN Careers Portal
Please Click below to launch The UN Careers Potal.
The Organization provides real and valuable opportunities through a competency model based on a diverse range of programmes that include a wide selection of career planning and development workshops. These exciting opportunities and tangible career support services are naturally extended across all the Organization’s established job networks: Political, Peace and Security, Management and Operations Support, Economic and Social Development, Information Systems and Communication Technology, Legal, Public Information and External Relations, Conference Management, Safety and Security.